Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy Birthday to Husband!


Today is Husband's birthday. He's 33 years old. THIRTY-THREE!! I met this amazing man was he was 21 - about to start his senior year in college. He was quiet, so funny, and shy.

Almost thirteen years later ... He's still quiet - but now I know the quiet means he's listening or making observations (he's so good at that!). He is even MORE funny than when we first met. I laugh so much with him. Not a day goes by that I don't think to myself I can't wait to tell Husband this story! So we can then laugh and laugh about it. He's not as shy anymore either - but he has this way with people that once he walks away they turn to me and say "You have THE nicest husband!"

Yes. Yes, I do.

I LOVE to give cards. I'm a card fanatic. I'm pretty sure I keep Kirklin's rolling in the dough on my business alone. This year I hit the jackpot on Husband's birthday cards. I have two funnies for the day - one in the morning I always sign from me and the dog (we really love our dog). One for during the day around lunch time. And then the mushy card at the end of the day with his presents. And I think this is one of my best cards yet!

During our engagement I would give Husband a card each month leading up to our wedding - just to remind him how much I loved him and how excited I was to become his wife. One of his favorite cards (and mine too) that I gave him said on the front: "On the ship of life..." and you open it up it said: "You're my soul matey"

Perfect, right?!?! I don't think I've been able to top that card since.

But then I found this years' card.

Outside:

Inside says:

Could there be a more perfect card?!?! I think not. He DOES have a heart of gold. One of the main things I love about him (and envy, at times) is his ability to ALWAYS be kind. Always. He is one of the kindest people I know. And I totally rocked that hair when I was like four years old. I was all about the bowl cut.

I'm so excited to cook Husband a meal (this is a big deal - as Husband is the cook in the family), watch him open his presents, and spend time together.

I'm thankful he's mine. I'm thankful that he has two amazing parents that raised him to be such a wonderful man. I'm thankful he loves me, is patient with me, and takes care of me.

I'm thankful to be his wife.

Happy Birthday to my husband.

~M


Husband with our nephew, Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment