Friday, July 29, 2011

Colo-rhino

We just returned from a wonderful trip in Vail, Colorado. ("Colo-rhino" is what my nephew, Owen, calls Colorado. Too cute!).

I AH-DORE my family. I have pretty freakin' cool parents who are a blast to hang out with. And I have two amazing brothers. Unfortunately, they were huge dorks and moved far away from St. Louis. Dan and his cute as bugs family moved to Kansas City (traitor). While my eldest brother, Jeff, moved to Colorado. This past week, we visited the "Denver Coopers" (as we like to call them) and hung out in Vail for a few days.

Could it have been any more wonderful?! I think not. The weather was heavenly. Of course, compared to St. Louis weather - ANY weather besides 115 degrees would be heavenly.

We hiked. We biked (and got caught in rain). We outlet mall shopped. I got to hug and squeeze my niece and nephew. I played leggos and Barbies. I had wonderful times with Husband. We walked and laughed and just spent time together.

There's just something about being with my family that makes me so happy. When we are all together, I breathe this huge sigh of contentment. It warms my heart to hear my little nieces and nephews yell "Daddy!" to my brothers or watch as they (the nieces and nephews - not my brothers) scramble on to Poo-Pah's lap (aka Grandpa). We Coopers are a close-knit bunch and I'm forever thankful to have such an amazing and loving and supportive and super-fun family. The "KC Coopers" weren't able to join us and that was hard on all of us. BUT they are coming to STL next week so I can get my fill of cutie-pies and meet the newest Cooper, Benjamin. 

Needless to say - it was a damn good trip.



~M

No comments:

Post a Comment